Here's a quick note on the one thing every successful leader must do to successfully navigate a crisis.
No doubt this world pandemic has disrupted your world to some degree. My world has drastically changed. I went from a packed schedule with daily drives, events, and meetings to a completely virtual connection to the outside world. The adjustment has been quite, how should I say,...an adjustment.:)
One of the few constants in life is change. Even without a pandemic you will likely have to deal with a season of change at some point. Whether you are trying to support the bottom line, planning to run a marathon, or facing an empty nest you will need to develop this one skill that can help you finish strong. Knowing how to navigate change is a skill you will use many times over the course of your life time.
Have you ever noticed how some leaders seem to adjust well regardless of the situation while others do not? You may see the positive results, but likely didn't notice what created that result. It all come down to one thing...think.
Successful leaders know how to think in two ways. They know how to think into a current action to make it a better action, and they also know how to think to a future action that leads to results that no one has considered. The right thinking skills can help you land on the right solution at the right time. Here's some things to ponder.
1. What are you thinking? Seek solutions don't pondering problems. Don't get sidetracked with the problem, but instead, train your mind to acknowledge the problem in a way that seeks a solution.
2. How are you thinking? Do you have a thought partner that can help you flesh out ideas? Gather your team for a brainstorming session or find other leaders to help stretch your thinking.
3. When are you thinking? Now is the time to find your solutions. You may be thinking you will wait until you "cross that bridge" but if you do that it will be too late. Now is the time to consider options, even if they can't be currently implemented.
If you have not watched the 5 part Facebook Live series on Gaining Calm in a Crisis, check out our Facebook page for replays:
1. Gain Clarity from Chaos
2. Live Fear-less
3. Gain Traction instead of Dis-traction
4. Become a Barrier Blaster
5. Your Dream Life Starts Now
Wishing everyone a safe quarantine time,
Angela Decoteau (Deck-uh-toe)
Success Strategist, Awesome Activator
Encourage . Equip . Empower
Renowned Speaker and Business Coach Angela Decoteau.